Nothing instantly erases the signs of stress and aging like a good facial. At the moment, we are spending much more time at home than we usually would, all for the greater good! So, while you may not be able to make your next facial appointment, you can still reap the benefits of a professional facial from your own home. Why not use this time to really get into your skincare and learn how to treat yourself or someone in your household to a DIY facial? New York city based celebrity facialist and Codex Beauty facialist expert Nachi is here to teach you how to keep your skin looking amazing with her expert tips on DIY home facials. Here you go!
Step 1: Advanced Deep Cleansing
A little luxury time before taking a bath or shower. Deep cleansing is usually performed to remove makeup, dead skin, and dirt from pores. Follow these few simple steps.
- Wet a towel with hot water. Optionally microwave for 30 seconds.
- Wrap your entire face with the hot towel to help open the pores. Leave it on for 3 minutes.
- After your skin has softened, and the pores have opened, place 3-5 drops of Bia Wash-Off Codex Cleansing Oil (€78.00-100ml) in your hands, rub your palms together, and then use your fingertips and palms to massage the cleansing oil into your skin. After it has been thoroughly applied, roughly 30 seconds, rinse off your face with warm water.
The warm steam from the towels is critical to the deep cleansing. The pores are gradually opened by the steam, and the dirt, whitehead or light blackheads can be easily removed. Furthermore, the hot towel helps loosen tension from the face muscles, and the skin can be treated in a relaxed manner without drying out the skin.
Step 2: Exfoliating Wash
I always recommend client to do double cleansing.
Bia Exfoliating Wash (€50.00-125ml) has natural Jojoba grains that aid in cleaning your pores and skin.
- Take 1 quarter size amount of the exfoliating wash and gently apply to your face, using the same massage technique as described in the deep cleansing step. After 30-60 seconds, wash off with water.
Step 3: Full Face Massage
When the skin is clean, it is easier for skincare products to be absorbed into the skin.
Gently massage your face with a mixture of 3 pumps of Bia Skin Superfood (€55.00- 75ml) and 5-10 drops of Bia Facial Oil (€100.00-30ml). When you massage your face, always go up from the chin and then down from the neck.
Step 4: Treat your Eyes
The last thing to do is treat your eyes, an often-overlooked part of a skincare routine.
- Use a ½ pea-sized amount of the Bia Eye Gel Cream (€72.00-15ml) under each eye and gently tap it into the skin beneath the eye using your fingertips. The hydration will help the wrinkles go away!
Follow these simple steps to help promote shiny and glowing skin from the comfort of your home